New Zealand Skipper Kane Williamson’s left elbow injury is being monitored ahead of the second Test against England starting in Edgbaston on June 10.
Recently, Mitchell Santner has been ruled out due to a cut in his left index finger. New Zealand’s coach Gary has been posted on Twitter.
“- Pace bowlers from Lord’s won’t all play 2nd Test
– Trent Boult available & likely to return
– Mitch Santner ruled out with his cut left index finger
– Kane Williamson’s left elbow injury being monitored & a decision to be made tomorrow.”
Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Kyle Jamieson and Colin de Grandhomme were the pacers in the first Test. One of them will make way for Boult, who missed the first game. Boult had traveled home to New Zealand after the suspension of IPL 2021.
The first Test ended in a draw with New Zealand impressing, pushing for a win and making England play for safety. Williamson made 13 and 1 in the two innings.
However, Williamson’s injury will concern New Zealand for they are to play the final of the ICC World Test Championship from June 18 against India in Southampton.
With that big match pending, New Zealand might be tempted to play it safe against England. The Test series against England is not a part of the WTC.
(With Input From News18)
BCCI Announces Squad For World Test Championship Final Against New Zealand
ICC WTC Final: Rohit Sharma as opener could be Litmus Test for him and India
ICC WTC Final: Tim Paine backs India to defeat New Zealand ‘Pretty Comfortably’
England Suffered A Crushing Defeat Against New Zealand, Kevin Pietersen Explains Why
ICC Rankings: New Zealand Toople India to Become No 1 Ranked Test Team
BCCI Requests ECB To Reschedule IND vs ENG Five-Test Series for IPL 2021
WTC Final: Team India stars sweat it out in gym ahead of New Zealand clash
England vs India Test series: James Anderson reveals plans for home Test series against India
WTC Final: Ajit Agarkar says ‘Don’t Think India would underestimate New Zealand’
I’d love to play all seven Tests This Summer: James Anderson
- BCCI Announces Squad For World Test Championship Final Against New Zealand
- ICC WTC Final: Rohit Sharma as opener could be Litmus Test for him and India
- ICC WTC Final: Tim Paine backs India to defeat New Zealand ‘Pretty Comfortably’
- England Suffered A Crushing Defeat Against New Zealand, Kevin Pietersen Explains Why
- ICC Rankings: New Zealand Toople India to Become No 1 Ranked Test Team
IPL3 months ago
IPL 2021: SRH Full Match Schedule & Time Table
Cricketer3 months ago
AB de Villiers lauds Indian Captain Virat Kohli, Hails His Leadership Skills As India Crush England 3-1
News3 months ago
96 Not Out is Better Than 96 Out or 100 Out – Coach Senthilnathna Advices to Washington Sundar
News3 months ago
Kraigg Brathwaite replaces Jason Holder as West Indies Test Captain